What should I do if I can't find a book on the shelf but the catalog says it's there?
1. Look around... Is it near a copy machine? Is it misshelved close to where it should be? Did it slip behind the other books? Feel free to ask for other ideas at the Reference Desk or at the Circulation & Reserve counter.
2. Check the sorting area (near the Folio books) on the 3rd floor (Folio books). Books are in rough call number order.
3. Check the new book shelves on the 3rd floor (across from the elevators), especially if it is a recently published book.
4. Ask a reference librarian to confirm that you are reading the call number and location correctly. Could your book be in Reference, Theses, Folio, or Periodicals?
5. Place a Search Request on the book at the Circulation & Reserve counter on the 1st floor.